Wealth-Lab 7 is continually evolving to add new features and enhancements based on user demand. Check back often to see what's new in the latest Build!
- Fixed a recent change that broke MetaStrategies, causing second and subsequent Strategies in the MetaStrategy to not return any results.
- Added some internal references so the dynamic keyword can work in C# Coded Strategies.
- Fixed copy to clipboard from Positions, also made Tag and Metastrategy columns hidden unless there's a tag/Strategy is Metastrategy.
- Fix for Data Tool duplicate symbols if they have mixed cases.
- Overhauled MetaStrategy component calculations so Profit Curves now line up with overall Equity Curve.
- Added ExecutionMode property to determine if the Strategy is running from a Strategy Window, Streaming Chart, Optimization, or Strategy Monitor.
- You can now directly specify the broker account number to use in Streaming Chart windows and Quote windows.
- You can now specify the broker and account directly in the Backtest window Signals tab.
- Certain Indicators that "peek into the future" (namely, the Swing Indicators in the Community node) are flagged in the Indicator list.
- Several miscellaneous fixes and enhancements.
- Added elements of the WL6 Data Tool to Data Manager, DataSets tab:
- Data Truncation
- Inactive Symbols
- Data Integrity
- Added a custom built ScottPlot library to the distribution. This can be used to generate various charts and plots in memory, and render them to a chart using DrawImage and the new DrawImageAt.
- Added MAE (Max Adverse Excursion) and MFE (Max Favorable Excursion) to Positions Performance Visualizer.
- Fixed index out of range exceptions that sometime occurred in streaming charts with Strategies.
- The Log Viewer will now show you a counter of the number of duplicate items logged, instead of logging numerous identical items.
- Several other minor fixes and enhancements.
The primary changes in Build 8 are not outwardly visible, but were required to support a number of Extension upgrades, and to support the upcoming NeuroLab Extension. Depsite this, there are still several notable changes:
- Added Linear/Log option to Trendline Break Condition Building Block.
- Exit Signals from NSF Positions are now flagged as such in the Signals list.
- Corrected WealthData dividends that were not properly back-adjusted for splits.
- Deleted Strategies will now be put into the Windows Recycle Bin.
- Several other miscellaneous fixes and enhancements.
- The Strategy Monitor has gone through a round of optimizations that should result in an order of magnitude performance gains.
- Changed LastPosition to return the last Position, whether it's open or closed. Added LastOpenPosition to return the last open Position.
- Created a new Advanced Strategy Settings area for advanced backtest settings that should be applied at a Strategy level and not globally.
- Retain NSF Positions option has been moved from Backtest Preferences into Advanced Strategy Settings.
- Added a new Advanced Strategy Setting, Granular Limit/Stop Processing, that lets you use intraday data to determine the precedence of limit/stop fills within a daily bar.
- Added MACDClassic indicator.
- Added Swing indicators to WealthLab.Community library.
- Numerous miscellaneous fixes and enhancements.
- Exposed new Chart Preferences for showing the Chart Status Bar, and controlling the auto-hide behavior of the Chart Toolbar.
- DrawBarAnnotations now stacks properly if multiple annotations are drawn to the same bar.
- Fixed issues in the ReverseFisher indicators.
- Several other miscellaneous fixes and enhancements.
- Fixed an issue in Build 4 that prevented Building Block Strategies to work because of the removal of the Plot method.
- Added method PlotStopsAndLimits so you can visualize your stop/limit prices on the chart.
- Added a search field in the QuickRef.
- Added hotkey F5 to run a backtest.
- Added optional paneTag parameter to PlotIndicator and PlotIndicatorLine to control where the indicators get plotted.
- Removed deprecated Plot method, use the methods like PlotIndicator, PlotBarHistory, and PlotTimeSeries instead.
- Added MFI, TradingDaysSince, and TradingDaysLeft indicators, and moved some more obscure indicators to the PowerPack extension.
- Exposed Cursor Color (Vertical and Crosshair) as a new Chart Preference.
- Metastock: fix for symbols with trailing spaces.
- Yahoo: fix for partial bar missing in streaming.
- Added Building Blocks for Exiting using ATR-based Stop/Limits.
- Added Sound Preferences to Preferences window.
- Added ToMinute method to TimeSeriesCompressor, and fixed a bug in that method for BarHistoryCompressor.
- Tabular Optimization Results can now push a set of parameter values to the other Optimization Visualizers.
- One Parameter Graph Optimization Visualizer now works better with sparsely populated results.
- Fixed exception that occurs when you disable a Transaction Weight Building Block.
- Shrinking Window and Exhaustive (non-Parallel) Optimizers now honor Optimization Variable on/off check-boxes.
- Added One-Parameter Graph Optimization Result Viewer.
- Optimization Surface Graph will now automatically default to the first actual set of recorded parameter values, especially helpful for non-Exhaustive optimizations.
- Added option to create Building Block Strategies that maintain multiple open Positions.
- Added new Commission type - Percent of Trade Value.
- Added PlotBarHistoryStyle method so you can plot a BarHistory with a specific chart style in another pane.
- GetHistory and GetHistoryUnsynched now have an optional dataSetName parameter, so you can specify a DataSet to use when requesting external data.
- Fix: WL7 was experiencing issues when you write a very large number of strings to the Debug tab.
- Fix: Transaction Weight Highest/Lowest was reversed.
- Welcome to Wealth-Lab 7!
- Check back in this spot for details on new builds.