Short Interest Unavailable?
Author: deepbuyer
Creation Date: 8/29/2008 11:47 PM
profile picture

deepbuyer

WL has ton of fundamental data, but I could not find Short Interest for equities. Please point me to it, if it is available.
profile picture

Cone

It's not part of the Fidelity fundamental data - all available fields are shown in the Fundamental dialog.
profile picture

deepbuyer

does fidelity have data for call-put ratio (symbol $cpc in stockcharts.com)? I have tried CPC, .CPC, $CPC, ^CPC, and PCRATIO.Z - none worked. thanks
profile picture

Eugene

I can't speak for its availability in Fidelity data but it's pretty easy to fetch and chart.
For a complete illustration, see WealthScript Programming Guide: Techniques > Access ad-hoc Data from the Internet or our Wiki Knowledge Base.
profile picture

deepbuyer

great! thank you, eugene. i have just found your code in one of the posts on this forum (the same code as in your wiki link).
profile picture

Eugene

By the way, obtaining short interest for free is not an off-hand task... At most you'll get one year for NASDAQ and OTC stocks. Beyond that be ready to shell out something like $400 /mo. If the data was free, it could have been a pretty easy task to build a drag&drop indicator that would query the Internet for short interest of the charted stock.
This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with that, but you can opt-out if you wish (Read more).