Scan for change in file by 3rd party app for market signals
Author: gchudublin
Creation Date: 7/12/2018 5:01 AM
profile picture

gchudublin

In dot net there is file watcher function, any possibility that I can put a stock symbol in a file and the file watcher can trigger a strategy and run the strategy for that symbol? I would like to run a strategy from a scanner that scanning the market and when a stock meeting my criteria then I want to trigger and run it. The scanner is from 3rd party and it can write a stock symbol into a file. So file watcher can pick it up. Or I can creat a scanner in WLP.

profile picture

Eugene

Sure it's possible. In Wealth-Lab, Strategy executes once a complete bar updates (e.g. 1-minute, 1-day, etc.) and determines if it wants to trade on the next bar or not. I'm not sure if there's much room for the FileSystemWatcher class as WLP's model isn't event-driven. If you give us a sample file generated by the 3rd party scanner we could help you out in creating a Strategy that imports the output file and picks up the symbol.
This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with that, but you can opt-out if you wish (Read more).