The Chart Patterns Extension provides a plethora of tools for designing and identifying chart patterns in your backtesting and research. Both Classic Chart Patterns (like Head & Shoulders Top) and Grid-Based Patterns are supported. The Extension includes:
- A library of numerous Classic Chart Patterns that are expressed in simple text based rules, and a mechanism for you to define your own Classic Chart Patterns using these rules.
- An Event Provider that can identify and plot Classic Charts patterns on the chart.
- A Condition Building Block so you can detect Classic Chart Patterns in your Building Block Strategies.
- New C# Classes, including the ChartPatternEngine, so you can work with Classic Chart Patterns in your code. Includes new QuickRef documentation for these classes.
- A PriceGrid Editor tool so you can develop and manage a library of Grid-Based Patterns, and even pull them directly from a chart using the mouse.
- The PriceGrid Genetic Evolver, that can evolve bullish or bearish Grid-Based Patterns using the selected in-sample and out-of-sample data.
- A Condition Building Block that can search for the Grid-Based Patterns you saved in the PriceGrid Editor.
- The new PriceGridCF Indicator, that shows you how well the data in the chart matches a Grid-Based Pattern on a bar-by-bar basis.
- A new page in the Preferences tool where you can tune and tweak the many parameters that control how the extension identifies Classic Chart Patterns.
- Fix: Removed irritating double-click behavior in re-sample controls.
- Initial release.