A plethora of tools for designing and identifying chart patterns in your backtesting and research.
$49.95 / Lifetime OR included in Premium subscription
Try before you Buy! Download the Extension for a 14-day free trial before purchasing.
(all Extensions require a Wealth-Lab Subscription)
The Chart Patterns Extension provides a plethora of tools for designing and identifying chart patterns in your backtesting and research. Both Classic Chart Patterns (like Head & Shoulders Top) and Grid-Based Patterns are supported. The Extension includes:
- A library of numerous Classic Chart Patterns that are expressed in simple text based rules, and a mechanism for you to define your own Classic Chart Patterns using these rules.
- An Event Provider that can identify and plot Classic Charts patterns on the chart.
- A Condition Building Block so you can detect Classic Chart Patterns in your Building Block Strategies.
- New C# Classes, including the ChartPatternEngine, so you can work with Classic Chart Patterns in your code. Includes new QuickRef documentation for these classes.
- A PriceGrid Editor tool so you can develop and manage a library of Grid-Based Patterns, and even pull them directly from a chart using the mouse.
- The PriceGrid Genetic Evolver, that can evolve bullish or bearish Grid-Based Patterns using the selected in-sample and out-of-sample data.
- A Condition Building Block that can search for the Grid-Based Patterns you saved in the PriceGrid Editor.
- The new PriceGridCF Indicator, that shows you how well the data in the chart matches a Grid-Based Pattern on a bar-by-bar basis.
- A new page in the Preferences tool where you can tune and tweak the many parameters that control how the extension identifies Classic Chart Patterns.
Enable Classic Price Pattern Events
Use the Chart Patterns' Event Provider to enable classic chart pattern detection in charts.
Chart Pattern Preferences
Tune and customize algorithms that power the rules for detecting Classic Chart Patterns!
Text Encoded Patterns
Is your favorite pattern missing? Use a library of plain text rules to define your own!
Price Grid Editor
Pull patterns right off any chart with the Price Grid Editor. Edit them or just start clicking to create your own idealized price grid pattern.
PG Genetic Evolver
Like the Price Grid Editor? Try the Price Grid Genetic Evolver. Evaluate your PG patterns and let evolution find profitable patterns for you. No worries, a generation doesn't take 30 years!
Drag & drop the PriceGridCF indicator and pick your pattern. Better yet, use it in Strategy Rules. PriceGridCF measures the Confidence Factor on every bar to make objective trading decisions with patterns!
The PriceGrid Class
Yes, there's even more! Programmers will have fun with the PriceGrid class and its methods to Fill, Compare, Parse to capture and use Pictograms of PriceGrids in code.
Patterns In Building Blocks
Of course you can use both Classic and Price Grid patterns in Building Blocks!
Wealth-Lab 8 Build 8 - 1/31/2023
- Build to adapt to some namespace changes in WL8 framework.
Wealth-Lab 8 Build 7 - 1/25/2023
- Rebuild required for some changes to the Genetic Evolver.
Wealth-Lab 8 Build 6 - 10/31/2022
- Fixed some awkwardness around creating and deleting Price Grids in the Editor.
Wealth-Lab 8 Build 5 - 7/8/2022
- Option to use Legacy or Modern PriceGrid Calculations in chart.
Wealth-Lab 8 Build 4 - 6/17/2022
- Change required to conform to a change in WL8 framework method.
Wealth-Lab 8 Build 3 - 5/26/2022
- The PriceGrid Evolver was zeroing out the OOS results after stopping.
- Tuning so more valid patterns will get detected.
Wealth-Lab 8 Build 2 - 5/2/2022
- Fixed some issues in Chart Patterns Building Blocks for optimization.
Wealth-Lab 8 Build 1 - 4/10/2022
- Initial WL8 release.
Wealth-Lab 7 Build 10 - 1/10/2022
- Added Chart Pattern and PriceGrid Strategy Genes for Strategy Genetic Evolver.
Wealth-Lab 7 Build 9 - 12/21/2021
- Changes to adapt to WL7 framework changes in Build 42.
Wealth-Lab 7 Build 8 - 12/7/2021
- Building Block description cleanup.
Wealth-Lab 7 Build 7 - 12/3/2021
- QuickRef fixes.
Wealth-Lab 7 Build 6 - 10/27/2021
- Reads the ChartPatterns.txt file from the WL7 Data folder instead of the App folder. There's no need to install this update unless you're not getting any patterns in the Chart Patterns Event Provider.
Wealth-Lab 7 Build 5 - 10/26/2021
- Condition Blocks fixed to work with Qualifiers.
Wealth-Lab 7 Build 4 - 10/21/2021
- Build required to interface with some new charting changes in WL7 Build 28.
Wealth-Lab 7 Build 3 - 10/11/2021
- Fix: Removed irritating double-click behavior in re-sample controls.
Wealth-Lab 7 Build 2 - 10/5/2021
Wealth-Lab 7 Build 1 - 9/29/2021
- Initial release.