Strategy: Buy on 55-day high, multiple positions, ATR stop
Author: Trader288
Creation Date: 11/23/2016 2:26 PM
profile picture

I'm trying to create my first trading strategy, using existing "rules" in Wealth Lab Pro and want to confirm that I'm doing it correctly. Here is what I'd like to build:
Trigger an alert for a long position when a security (say one of the Dow 30) hits a new 55-day high.
Use a stop loss on that positon of a 15-day 2X ATR.
Trigger another long position in the same security when it increases in price by 1 ATR.
Move the stop loss on all positions to 2 ATRs
Sell all positions if the price of the security hits a new 20-day low.
What are the rules and conditions needed to create this strategy. Thanks very much for your time. Trader288
profile picture

Welcome to the forums.

You probably won't be able to create this strategy using Rules as it goes beyond available conditions. Give this a try:
Please log in to see this code.
profile picture

Thanks Eugene! Much appreciated.
profile picture

I noticed on another Forum post that you mentioned C+ for coding. Is that the best programming language for Wealth-lab. It seems for be the easiest to learn for someone with no coding experience - would you agree? Thanks
profile picture

Not C+, but C#.

You can develop Wealth-Lab strategies in any .NET language, but the built-in editor/compiler is for C#.

Learning a programming language is mostly about its syntax. Although there are parts of every modern programming language that get esoteric, C# was invented for .NET and borrows some of the best features from other languages.
profile picture