Size depending on number of signals
Author: dance
Creation Date: 5/22/2017 3:37 PM
profile picture

dance

Hi Guys!
Could you help me, I'm trying to test some long only portfolio strategy, whrere size depends on number of signals - if we receive only one signal we buy 100% of stock A, if 2 then split capital between A and B, etc. I looked through different possizer's but couldn't find any, which could help me solve this problem.
Maybe I missed something, Is there any way to do it in Wealth-Lab?
Thanks in advance for you help.
profile picture

Cone

In the the MS123 PosSizer Library the Graded equity percentage sizer should do the trick.
profile picture

Eugene

Robert, that'd work for a legitimate user - not for him. ;)
profile picture

dance

Thank you, Cone!
I've tried this, could you explain what properties should I enter, error messages are counterintuitive.

To Eugene, I am legitimate user, I've got company's account.
profile picture

Eugene

Here's what's counterintuitive: "error messages" in a PosSizer that's isn't programmed to throw any error messages. What are they?

Applying the Graded Equity Percentage PosSizer to your example, here's how it should be configured:

No "etc.", unfortunately
profile picture

dance

Eugene, Thank you for your relpy,

The problem is that I have more than 2 signals, right now it's 8, Is there any way to set size accordingly?
profile picture

Eugene

Not with the Graded Equity Percentage PosSizer. Give this one a try, looks like it fits your request nicely:

Spread Equity Equally

An alternative with open source code can be found here:

PosSizer for rotational strategy with overlapping buys and sells
profile picture

dance

Thanks, I will look to the link you've sent.

As for Spread Equity Possizer it splits equally and it doesn't depend on number of signals. Screen attached.
profile picture

Eugene

QUOTE:
As for Spread Equity Possizer it splits equally and it doesn't depend on number of signals.

Which is exactly what you asked for:

"if we receive only one signal we buy 100% of stock A, if 2 then split capital between A and B, etc."

Re: screenshot. Previously you mentioned that "I have more than 2 signals, right now it's 8". If you're trying to use "Min/Max Position Size" in this PosSizer as a number of positions or signals, it's not going to work.

To sum things up, your request is unclear.