The Index-Lab extension lets you create composite breadth indicators and aggregate indicators on any Universe, simply by configuring a Wealth-Lab indicator. Index-Lab does the heavy lifting of synchronizing the data, performing the calculations, and keeping the composite indicator up to date as needed, all behind the scenes. Simply drag and drop a Index-Lab indicator, use it in a Building Block Model, or create one via C# code.
The extension contains the following new indicators. Each indicator can work on any Wealth-Lab DataSet, and most have a lookback period parameter so you can obtain great flexibility in breadth indicator creation.
- CompAdvDec - Number or percent of advancers, decliners, or unchanged symbols
- CompAdvDecLine - Advance/Decline Line, cumulative total of advancers minus decliners
- CompAdvDecRatio - Advance/Decline Ratio, advancers divided by decliners
- CompAdvDecSpread - Advance/Decline Spread, advancers minus decliners
- CompBreadthThrust - Moving average of advancers divided by moving average of advancers plus decliners
- CompInd - Select any Wealth-Lab indicator, returns the average indicator value across the Universe
- CompInd% - Returns the percentage of symbols for which a selected indicator is above or below a specified value
- CompMcClellan - McClellan Oscillator, 19 period EMA of advancers minus decliners divided by the 39 period EMA of same
- CompNewHighLow - Number or percent of symbols that made new highs or lows, specify a lookback or across the entire history
- CompTRIN - Arms Index (TRIN), Advancers over decliners divided by advancing volume over declining volume
- Fixed issue causing a freeze when some indicators used in Building Blocks.
- Baseline release.