The Index-Lab extension lets you create composite breadth indicators and aggregate indicators on any Universe, simply by configuring a Wealth-Lab indicator. Index-Lab does the heavy lifting of synchronizing the data, performing the calculations, and keeping the composite indicator up to date as needed, all behind the scenes. Simply drag and drop a Index-Lab indicator, use it in a Building Block Model, or create one via C# code.
The extension contains the following new indicators. Each indicator can work on any Wealth-Lab DataSet, and most have a lookback period parameter so you can obtain great flexibility in breadth indicator creation.
- CompAdvDec - Number or percent of advancers, decliners, or unchanged symbols
- CompAdvDecLine - Advance/Decline Line, cumulative total of advancers minus decliners
- CompAdvDecRatio - Advance/Decline Ratio, advancers divided by decliners
- CompAdvDecSpread - Advance/Decline Spread, advancers minus decliners
- CompBreadthThrust - Moving average of advancers divided by moving average of advancers plus decliners
- CompCrossovers - Number or percent of symbols where a specified Indicator crosses above or below a threshold value
- CompCrossovers2 - Number or percent of symbols whose Indicator (or Price) crosses above or below the second Indicator (or Price) (from build 5)
- CompInd - Select any Wealth-Lab indicator, returns the average indicator value across the Universe
- CompInd% - Returns the percentage of symbols for which a selected indicator is above or below a specified value
- CompIndPctStdDev - Percentage of symbols having an indicator value N standard deviations above (below) its norm (from build 5)
- CompMarketStrength - Ratio (or percent) of the number of stocks which increased N% divided by the number of stocks which decreased N% (from build 5)
- CompMarketThrust - Tushar Chande's Market Thrust Oscillator, a powerful measure of internal strength or weakness.
- CompMcClellan - McClellan Oscillator, 19 period EMA of advancers minus decliners divided by the 39 period EMA of same
- CompNewHighLow - Number or percent of symbols that made new highs or lows, specify a lookback or across the entire history
- CompNHNLO - High Low New Low Oscillator is 19 period EMA of New Highs minus New Lows minus the 39 period EMA of New Highs minus New Lows (from build 5)
- CompHighLowLogic - Fosback's High Low Logic Index can indicate when market appears to be inconsistent (many stocks are reaching new highs and new lows at the same time) (from build 5)
- CompSTIX - STIX (Short Term Trading Indicator) is an exponentially smoothed breadth-momentum indicator (from build 5)
- CompSDR - Speculative Demand Ratio measures the ratio of money flow into the most volatile stocks versus the least volatile stocks within a given DataSet.(from build 5)
- CompTrendExhaustion - Trend Exhaustion Index is 10 period EMA of new highs divided by advancers (from build 5)
- CompTRIN - Arms Index (TRIN), Advancers over decliners divided by advancing volume over declining volume
- CompUnchanged - Unchanged Issues Index, unchanged / total issues (from build 5)
- Added CompMarketThrust, Tushar Chande's Market Thrust Oscillator, a powerful measure of internal strength or weakness.
- Indicators marked as lengthy so they don't automatically contribute to Indicator Profiler.
- Fixed issue causing a freeze when some indicators used in Building Blocks.
- Baseline release.