CandleStick Genetic Evolver
The CandleStick Genetic Evolver package includes a new Building Block Condition that lets you add Japanese candlestick pattern detection into your Strategy logic. All of the classical bullish, bearish, and neutral candlestick patterns are included. For users of Wealth-Lab, this package includes a powerful extension called the Candlestick Genetic Evolver. This extension uses a genetic algorithm to generate brand new, profitable candlestick patterns from your historical data. You can take the patterns that the Evolver generates and add them to your candlestick pattern library, for use in the supplied Building Block Condition.
- Added CandleRangeFactor, CandleBodyFactor, and CandleShadowFactor indicators that return the range (height) of the bar, body, and upper/lower shadows compared to the most recent values.
- Improve long and short range and body detection mechanism. The new calculations use the above indicators to ensure accurate classification throughout various markets and time scales.
- Added a Preferences tab so you can configure candlestick calculation settings.
- For code based settings control, added a CandleSettingsManager static class.
- Integrated CandleMethods, CandleSettingsManager, and CandleGeneDecoder into the QuickRef.
- Added Bullish Hammer and Bearish Hanging Man patterns.
- Added new CandleGene, Trend, to specify up, down, or neutral trends in the market.
- Added new indicator, TrendDetector, which is used by the Trend CandleGene.
- Baseline release.