WL6 on Windows Server 2008
Author: Ben_Zurich
Creation Date: 3/13/2015 11:47 AM
profile picture

Ben_Zurich

Does WL6 run on Windows 2008 Server 64 bit ?
profile picture

Cone

Sure.
profile picture

Eugene

Yes, WL6 runs on Server 2008 R2 (to be precise).
profile picture

Aldo

Does it run on a Windows 2012 R2 server - in Google Cloud compute engine (virtual machine) ?
Thanks
profile picture

Eugene

Why not? Our customers run WL6 in a cloud (like Amazon).
profile picture

cicerotullius

Hi, actually I cannot install WL on WIN 2012 R2 Server. When I try to install it, WL reminds me that .NET 2.0 is needed, but when I try to install any older .net it tells me that the newest version is already installed (as it is from WIN Server), so actually I cannot install WL.
profile picture

Eugene

It's a known issue with v6.8. I don't know what you're doing wrong - it's confirmed that installing .NET 2.0 practically rules the issue out. According to our telemetry, many customers have been successfully running Wealth-Lab 6.8 on different Server 2012 editions for over 11 months. Please try to install the previous version if you still keep it, or consider waiting a few days/weeks (?) when v6.9 with the fix becomes available.
profile picture

Aldo

thanks Eugene - I did install successfully WL 6.8 on a Google Cloud virtual machine Windows 2012 R2. I was asked to install .NET but I complied and it works nicely.
profile picture

cicerotullius

Maybe I missed it, but is 6.9 now released? It seems the forum is already discussing it, but on the main page it still says 6.8.

WLD or WLP?
profile picture

Eugene

You will know when it's released when both the WLD Home Page tool and the site indicate 6.9.
profile picture

Eugene

WLD 6.9 is out.