Finding out the Commissions structure used
Author: dan_rozenberg
Creation Date: 1/9/2012 12:16 PM
profile picture

dan_rozenberg

Hello, in order to create different calculations, in other extensions, depending on the commission structure used, I would like to know if there was any way to get the name of the Commission Structure that was applied to a given run? What object should i look for?

Thank you,
Dan
profile picture

Eugene

In which particular sort of extensions?
profile picture

dan_rozenberg

At this point I would like to use it in either the Scorecard or the Optimization.
profile picture

Eugene

Thanks for the clarification. The reason for asking was that it's not possible to know beforehand what the eventual commission will be in a PosSizer (for example).

While I don't think it's possible to find out the name of the Commission plan applied to a given run, what actually looks feasible is to parse the WealthLabConfig.txt file and derive the last saved option. Keep in mind that if you're changing commission plans on-the-fly in Wealth-Lab's Preferences, it might not work as planned. On a bright side, it will work anywhere including PosSizers and even Strategies as the following code snippet demonstrates:
CODE:
Please log in to see this code.
profile picture

dan_rozenberg

Eugene, I think this will work great. I will try it an let you know how it goes.

Thank you.
profile picture

Eugene

Actually, I know how it goes because the idea has been a part of a Community Components class supporting this solution: Interacting with portfolio equity. ;) Should you need invoking the Commission library for any purpose, peek inside that C.Components class.