Wealth Lab errors on 64 bit VISTA
Author: JSB
Creation Date: 4/20/2009 12:47 PM
profile picture

Operating system: Windows Vista 64 bit
Running Wealth Lab

Am running a small Dataset of 12 or so stocks on a 5 min update.

On the update, the 'Symbols pending updates' in the Strategy Monitor does not count down to zero. It always hangs up at either 1 or 2. The strategy monitor appears to be retrying to retrieve the last 1 or 2 symbols, but it eventuall gives one of 2 errors:

1. Out of memory exception or
2. A generic error occurred in GDI+ (System.Runtime.InteropServices.External Exception: a generic error occurred in GDI+

Strategy will continue to try and run a while, then it will 'crash' into non-responding.

This same strategy runs error free on an older PC with XP SP2 ad much less memory.

Are there issues with 64 bit Vista ?

profile picture

There is a problem with the Strategy Monitor and Vista - it doesn't work, and I'm glad you said something because I don't see it on the "fix list" for 5.4.

Nonetheless, the symptoms that you described are somewhat different from the issue that was previous found - especially the errors and crash. I encourage you to create a Support Ticket for tracking purposes. tia.
profile picture

is the "fix list" available for viewing?
profile picture

It'll be in the 5.4 User Guide, like for 5.3.
profile picture

I'm going to retract that statement about Strategy Monitor not working Vista - it does. We'll work with JSB in support and report back findings here.