WLP5.5 unable to communicate SSN/ID and Pin to Fidelity Server.
Author: Saturn
Creation Date: 10/1/2009 3:24 PM
profile picture

A. ATP and WLP4.5 work very well.
B. Loaded WLP5.5 and installed with WLP5 Icon on desktop.
C. Double clicking on Icon yields an information window indicating SSN/ID and Pin are needed; Clicked OK.
D. Window displayed requesting Name & Pin; I inputted the same SSN/ID and Pin I use for ATP.
E. A Microsoft window popped up indicating an error. The Details of the error were selected and are as follows:

"Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: wealthlabpro.exe
Problem Signature 02:
Problem Signature 03: 4ab18420
Problem Signature 04: WealthLabPro
Problem Signature 05:
Problem Signature 06: 4ab18420
Problem Signature 07: 42a
Problem Signature 08: 56
Problem Signature 09: System.TypeInitialization
OS Version: 6.0.6002.
Locale ID: 1033"

F. The Log In Window stated "Log In Failure: Unable to login using the supplied SSN and Pin."
After clicking on "OK" a small window came up stating, "Log in required, terminating." This window terminated when I clicked on "OK." I note that the SSN/ID was received by the Fidelity server as observed by the Fidelity representative and he so indicated to me.

I have Norton 2009 virus scan and also used, separately, MS Windows Defender to check for viruses - none. Also, I disabled the Norton Firewall (Windows firewall was likewise disabled). I am using Vista, Internet Explorer 7, Fidelity Help Desk suggested I post my problem after many attempts.

I tried downloading WLP 5.5 on a separate computer using XP and was successful.

It appears to me that the Fidelity server can recognize my SSN/ID but does not have the correct Pin with which to test against.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
profile picture

These CLR20r3 errors are often associated with an incompatible component in the installation. Uninstall WLP5 from Add/Remove programs and then check to make sure that the ..Fidelity\Wealth-Lab Pro 5 installation directory is non-existent or empty. Reinstall WLP5.5 and try again.

If that doesn't work, please call Fidelity Active Trader/Wealth-Lab support for data and authentication problems. Make sure that your account still has the "Wealth-Lab Entitlement". (Note that Version 4 or 5 will continue to work for 1 month even after your entitlement expires.)