Community ChartStyles library
Author: Eugene
Creation Date: 7/21/2009 4:30 AM
profile picture

Eugene

Suggest your chart style ideas and discuss the existing chart styles from the Community.ChartStyles library.
profile picture

Eugene

Thanks to RA81 for his submission of the Thick Bars OHLC chart style that paved the way for the new library.
profile picture

RA81

Updated ThickBars Style. Now have a settings window.
profile picture

dansmo

@Eugene
I have a added a DottedChartStyle, that plots dots on the price. The user can choose the weight of the dot and the price[O,H,L,C] on which to plot the dot. How shall we proceed to add this to the Community.ChartStyles?
profile picture

Eugene

Create a support ticket, please. We'll make the rest. Thank you.
profile picture

Eugene

Thank you for the contribution. The "Dotted" chart style has been integrated with the Community.ChartStyles project. The project's source code can be downloaded from its updated Wealth-Lab Wiki page, while the Extension downloads on our web site will have to wait for a required fix.
profile picture

bobydesi123

RA81,dansmo, eugene
Thank u guys for sharing ur knowledge, end of lastyear i switched from WL4 to WLP5, being new to c# and .net in general, i was and still is on a steep learning curve. I have learned and shamelessly borrowed( really! u can have it back once i am done with it :) ) a lot of techniques/code etc. Hopefully i might be able to contribute in future.
profile picture

Eugene

Attention: new version of Community.ChartStyles is out. Added "Dotted ChartStyle" by dansmo (thanks).

Note to users of previous versions: you must uninstall the extension and reinstall it from the site.
profile picture

kamanlai

Constant Volume Bar Chart
Is the system capable to plot contract base chart rather than time base chart?
profile picture

Cone

Sure, see the Trending ChartStyles (Point & Figure, Renko, Kagi, and Line Break) for examples.
profile picture

Eugene

Library updated to 2010.09.

Now includes "Flexible Renko" chart style. Thanks dansmo!

Wealth-Lab 6 users may re-install the library from the Extensions section.
profile picture

Eugene

Thanks to our user dansmo, Community ChartStyles has just been updated to version 2010.12.

Summary of changes:

* Changed: Flexible Renko: ChartStyle now uses Daily ATR(14) to calculate the brick size of intraday charts.
* Fixed: Flexible Renko: fix for potential crash due to unexpected setting.

Download the Extension from our website: Direct link

Edited

Removed my previous announce of 2011.08 by a pure accident. Replicating the text here:

------------------

Community ChartStyles has been updated to version 2011.08.

Summary of changes:

* Added: Heikin Ashi chart (based on requests and to avoid programming)

* Added: Constant Volume Bars

Download the Extension from our website: Direct link
Visit the Wiki for its VS2010 open source code: HERE

profile picture

learntotrade30

hi Eugene hanks for adding heikin ashi to chart styles. i had a question. the heikin ashi chart looks like the ohlc chart but in the code that you had givenme before it was like candlestick which was easier to interpret. how can i change the look of it. thanks.
profile picture

Eugene

The HA chart style is programmed to display as bars, it's not possible to change its look w/o a coding effort.
profile picture

learntotrade30

oh I had asked as whereever i read about heikin ashi it was interpreted based on the type of candle that had formed. Is there any minor change i can do as i dont think i can tell the strength of the red bars based on this chart or if the trend is changing.
profile picture

Eugene

Thanks for bringing my attention to it. Heiken Ashi colors will be fixed and they will be rendered as candles in the upcoming update.
profile picture

Eugene

Community ChartStyles has been updated to version 2011.09.

Summary of changes:

* Changed: Heiken Ashi rendered as candles
* Fixed: Heiken Ashi incorrect coloring of up/down bars
profile picture

learntotrade30

Hi Eugene thanks for updating the Heikin ashi. Have a question when i try to see a chart and stream it the heikin ashi candle is not forming but the candle stick option creates a candle on daily chart. Is that posssible in Heikin ashi and how do I do it? Thanks.
profile picture

Eugene

Let's say Streaming is not supported by Heikin Ashi chart style and we don't have any plans to investigate it.
profile picture

Eugene

Community ChartStyles has been updated to version 2011.09.10.

Summary of changes:

* Added: Thick Bars: option to color the bars on a Close-to-Close basis (Cone)

profile picture

Eugene

Community ChartStyles has been updated to version 2013.05.

Summary of changes:

* Added: new chart style Enhanced Candlesticks with Volume variation
profile picture

Eugene

Community ChartStyles has been updated to version 2015.04.

Summary of changes:

* Change: Heikin Ashi to plot regular candlestick ghost bar
profile picture

Eugene

Community ChartStyles has been updated to version 2015.06.

New: New option "HLC chart style" in Thick OHLC Bars (requested by ismael)