Active Trader Pro Integration
Author: mgrech004
Creation Date: 6/7/2011 5:11 PM
profile picture

mgrech004

Hi there,

Can I use Wealth-Lab Pro to pick several symbols from an Auto Trader Pro filter and place buy orders?

Thanks.
profile picture

Cone

If you can create a Watchlist at Fidelity.com with your filters, then you can import it as a DataSet in WLP.

But, if you're using an ATP filter and already know that you want to place buy orders for the results, then you should just use ATP for that type of discretionary trading.
profile picture

mgrech004

I take it the importing has to be done manually? One of the reasons I'd like to automate this is that ATP does not let you place $ amount orders. You have to calculate the number of shares you want each time.
profile picture

Cone

Ah, thanks for that insight. The import of a DataSet that you have out on Fidelity.com is a manual action. You just have to create a new Fidelity DataSet, select the option to Import from Fidelity.com, and name the DataSet. It only takes about 10 seconds.
profile picture

Canuck

Hi Cone

Bob here, how are things? I have updated my systems and the handcuffs are off, been using WLP but only from a visual perspective, don't think I will ever be an automated trader. I have a new appreciation for WLP that I did not have with the handcuffs on.

Please say hello to all.

Best regards,

Bob
profile picture

Cone

Hi Bob. I'm trying to put a face with the name, but it's not coming to me. Did we meet at a Traders Expo?

-----
Oh it's that Bob. Now I'm with you and understand the handcuffs. Will say hello. Good luck out there!